About Our School...
The school began in 1975, offering academics for young children in a Christian environment. We maintain that foundation to this day. Our staff consists of teachers who are degreed and/or have a foundation in early childhood. We are licensed and regulated by the state of Ohio Job and Family Services Department. You can find us on Morse Rd between Cherrybottom and Hamilton. The Preschool Director is Jessica Miller. The Administrator is Anita Teeters.
Our goal is to provide an exceptional, relaxed, learning environment and curriculum that will foster the social, physical, intellectual, emotional and spiritual growth of young children.
Through a structured theme-based curriculum, we provide age-appropriate learning which implements the Early Learning and Development Standards developed by the Ohio Department of Education. With these standards as our foundation, children learn in the developmental areas of science, math, language, literacy, writing, arts & crafts, large & small muscle development, and music. We also include a Christian curriculum, which is non-denominational, open and inclusive so that children of all faiths feel welcome!
Additional Standards of Excellence
Over the past several years, G.E.E.C. has embarked on employing additional standards to its structure developed by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC). NAEYC’s mission is to serve and act on behalf of the needs, rights and well-being of all young children with primary focus on the provision of educational and developmental services and resources. In accordance with NAEYC Code of Conduct, G.E.E.C. has committed to:
- Appreciating childhood as a unique and valuable stage of the human life cycle.
- Basing our work with children on knowledge of child development.
- Appreciating and supporting the close ties between the child and family.
- Recognizing that children are best understood in the context of family, culture and society.
- Respecting the dignity, worth and uniqueness of each individual (child, family member and colleague).
- Helping children and adults achieve their full potential in the context of relationships that are based on trust, respect and positive regard.
GEEC Earns First Star in Ohio's SUTQ Rating System!
GEEC earned the first star in the Step Up to Quality system. Which means our center has exhibited the ability and commitment to raise our service above the state minimums. This is further proof that we provide exceptional education and care to the students and families that enroll at our preschool.
Give us a call: